Cyprus Diving Trip 2023
21st to the 28th of November
Imagine a Mediterranean island bathed in warm, clear blue water. Long, sandy beaches punctuate the predominantly indented and rocky coastline, and the culture and cuisine are unmistakably Mediterranean. This is Cyprus, and it’s nestled in the northeast corner of the Eastern Mediterranean Sea.
Cyprus offer’s easy access from Gatwick and Luton with direct flight times of less than 5 hours.
Cyprus offers one of the best climates in the Mediterranean, on average Cyprus has over 330 days of sunshine per year with November daytime temperatures of around 18 deg and a water temperature of around 20 deg.
Why Dive in Cyprus?
- Crystal-clear comfortable water temperatures throughout the year (in November we should be looking at 17 to 21 deg).
- The waters around Cyprus are not particularly tidal, currents tend to be mild and water movement minimal making Cyprus an ideal destination for all levels of divers.
- Dive sites consist of both shore and Boat dives. Many sites are suitable for both Jr & Adult Open Water divers with plenty of advanced options for the more experienced.
- Diving in Cyprus is often referred to as the ‘Jewel of the Mediterranean’ Diving in Cyprus is truly unique and unlike any other destination in Europe.
- To top it all off Cyprus even has the Zenobia one of the top 5 wrecks in the world. This wreck is truly breathe taking and is guaranteed to make you smile
- Out of the water in November we are looking at daytime temperatures between 18 & 22 deg, although overnight it can drop to around 10 deg so remember to pack some warm clothes for the evening.
PROVISIONAL INFORMATION TBC
We will be flying out 21st of November 2023, returning on the 28th of November 2023.
Currently we will be flying from Gatwick by EasyJet arriving at Larnaca airport early afternoon. We will use the rest of the day to meet with our Cyprus partners to sort out equipment requirements ready for diving on the 22nd.
We will be undertaking (subject to qualification level)
6 Shore Dives
2 Boat Dives
2 Zenobia Dives
7 nights Accommodation in a one bedroomed twin-bedded apartment (Accommodation based on two people sharing an apartment).
10 Dive package including 6 shore dives and 4 boat dives (2 on the Zenobia, subject to qualification level).
Full equipment rental, so no high baggage costs.
Several low-cost airlines fly to and from Cyprus, personally Dave has found EasyJet to be the most honest and upfront with respect to luggage and seat costs but you are free to book with other suppliers.
UK Airport Transfers.
We will create a WhatsApp group for all divers who book this trip and we are sure we can arrange some sort of car share between us.
Cyprus Airport Transfers.
We will be working with our partners in Cyprus to arrange the most cost-effective way of getting to and from the airport.
Food & Drink.
We are in self-catering apartments so you can choose to cook for yourself or there is a local pub where you can purchase a range of pub grub (more details to follow when Dave returns at the end of April.
- Initial Deposit - £100 to secure your place
- November 15th - Balance payment of £450 due.
- Balance payment will be made directly to the dive centre thereby avoiding UK VAT, we can help with transfer costs (call us for more information)
- If you are buying your flights from Easy Jet and money is tight just buy the basic flights with no luggage or seat upgrades, you can add these later with no admin fee ……. thus Spreading the cost…..
Located 350 yards from Kalamies Bay, the Hotel Apartments includes a swimming pool with a large sun terrace and a poolside bar. It offers airconditioned apartments with a private balcony overlooking the pool or the garden.
The apartments are bright and airy each with en-suite bathroom and a fully equipped kitchenette with cooking rings, electric kettle and mini fridge.
Guests can enjoy refreshing drinks, cocktails and light meals in the hotel café by the pool, the complex also features a lounge area where guests can relax and watch satellite TV. Wi-Fi access and on-site parking are provided free of charge.
The Dive Centre, bars, shops and restaurants can be found within easy walking distance from the hotel.
Our partner dive centre in Cyprus is able to tailor the dive package to the exact needs of our customers. So we can cater for all, from our Junior divers to our full on Tec divers.
Although the holiday price is built around the package above we can tweak it to suit the needs of the group (extra costs may apply).
Dive Sites (Click on tiles below for more information).
Upgrades & Non-Diving Partners
Accommodation single person occupancy + £120
Non-Diving Partner + £120
Apartment for non diving person £240 (sole occupancy).
Additional Zenoba dives 65E (less one dive from package)
Additional Boat dive 35E (less one dive from package)
Advanced Open Water Course (UK once confirmed on trip) £325pp saving of £75pp
PADI Wreck Diver Speciality (whilst in Cyprus) £275 saving of £79pp
PADI Deep Diver Speciality (whilst in Cyprus) £275 saving of £75pp
PADI Boat Diver Speciality (whilst in Cyprus) £200 saving of £70pp
Sussex Diving & Leisure is a fully owned trading name of BCL Services Ltd.
Address (Office Only): 51 Wellington Gardens, Selsey, PO20 0RF Tel:- Landline:01243 202200 Mobile: 07534 911228 Email: Info@sussexdiver.com